CAN I REALLY LOSE WEIGHT?
YES. Studies have shown a 30 minute Sunlighten infrared sauna session can burn up to 600 calories. As the body works to cool it self while using an infrared sauna, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Sunlighten’s infrared heat therapy raises core body temperature causing passive cardiovascular conditioning. Your body’s natural response to infrared heat therapy is to increase circulation and sweat.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR MY SAUNA
Hydrate to prepare for an increase in core body temperature. Drink at least 8 oz of water prior to using our sauna.
Try not to eat one to two hours before using the infrared sauna.
Please be free of any makeup, hairspray’s, lotions, perfume’s and cologne’s prior to coming.
Drink 24 oz of water or electrolytes after using a sauna
WHAT IS CHROMOTHERAPY
Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Our bodies need the sun’s light to live. And that light can actually be broken down into a seven color spectrum. An imbalance of any of those colors can manifest itself in physical and mental symptoms. Color therapy works on various energy points to help balance your body via the full spectrum of visible light, each color addressing a distinct need.
Color and light have been utilized by healers for thousands of years. Color therapy possibly has roots in Indian medicine (Ayurveda), ancient Egyptian culture and traditional Chinese healing.
Alternative medicine practitioners who use chromotherapy often relate the seven colors of the color spectrum to specific body areas.*
A Brief Overview of Colors used in Chromotherapy
- Red- is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
- Strong pink- acts as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- Pink- activates and eliminates impurities in the blood stream.
- Orange- is a mixture of red and yellow. Activates and eliminates localized fat. Assists with asthma and bronchitis
- Strong yellow- strengthens the body and activates internal tissues.
- Yellow- the brightest color used in chromotherapy, has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
- Green- a color associated with harmony, provides a neutral, positive calming effect.
- Strong green- provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation.
- Strong blue- lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
- Blue- promotes relaxation and calm. Blue exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain.
- Indigo- is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
- Violet- is used to calm the nervous system, soothe organs and relax muscles. Violet has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.
What time of day should I use the sauna (am or pm)?
It is completely up to you and your lifestyle. There is no data showing more of a benefit in the morning or evening.
Infrared sauna vs traditional sauna
Infrared saunas use infrared heat instead of hot rocks or steam used in traditional saunas. Traditional saunas heat the air at extremely high temperatures which can make the experience unbearably hot and difficult to breathe. Because infrared heats the body directly instead of simply heating the air, infrared saunas are seven times more effective for detoxification.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I BOOK MY APPOINTMENT?
Elevate Float Center recommends booking in advance. Weekends are the busiest times because the majority of people do not work at this time. Our online booking tool is easily accessible, but should not be used for booking same day appointments. Contact the center directly by phone. At Elevate we try to accommodate our customers, but booking the same day is often difficult.
How Safe is Infrared?
Infrared heat is completely safe and healthy for all living things. You can be exposed to infrared light for hours without the risk of burning. Infrared is a naturally occurring output of the sun, but does not contain the harmful UV rays associated with unprotected sunlight. In fact, infrared heat is so safe, it is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.
What is Infrared
Infrared light (experienced as heat) is the invisible part of the sun’s spectrum with the ability to penetrate human tissue, giving a soothing, natural warmth. It is naturally occurring from the sun and is the basis for SunlightenTM sauna therapy.
Sunlighten’s Solocarbon infrared technology
is therapeutic because it is 95-99% ef cient atheating the body directly rather than simply heating the air. It works to raise the core body temperature to produce a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level where the majority of toxins reside.